Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bits Of Inspiration ~ Happy New Year


Happy New Year my fellow toads and visitors! 
I hope for all of us this will be a wonderful year!

Today's challenge is a simple one. Below are quotes addressing a new year. Choose as few as one or bits of all of them as jumping boards for inspiration. Write about the new year in resolutions, non resolutions, hopes, dreams, plans, or merely the acknowledgement the calender has turned over into a new year. This is your poetic step into 2015!

"I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the years".   Henry Moore

"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier."  Alfred Lord Tennyson

“For last year's words belong to last year's language And next year's words await another voice.”   T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets

“We desire an exciting future, but the demand for familiar and comfortable tempers our steps to the point that often our steps are little more than stepping in place.”   Craig D. Lounsbrough

“What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.”    Vern McLellan

As always and especially since this is a brand new year, write a brand new poem for the challenge; add it to Mr. Linky; and celebrate by reading your fellow poets' work.

18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks for these many thought-provoking quotes, Susie.

As this is the first time our weekly prompt shifts to a new slot, I would like to add that the Friday challenge now posts on Thursday at noon, but continues over to tomorrow, allowing two days for the creative process, as well as reading and commentary.

As of next week, the Wednesday prompt will fall away.

Kay L. Davies said...

Susie, I hope you will forgive me for submitting prose instead of poesy. I'm all poesied-out for now but I did want to write for my dear Toads.
Luv, K

Susie Clevenger said...

@Kerry, thanks. Luckily I saw your previous post about the time the Thursday/Friday challenge was to be posted. I originally had it to go live at 12:00 a.m. on Thursday. It may take a while for people to get used to the new schedule, but I am really liking it.

@Kay, your muse spoke and you listened. No argument with that. :)

brudberg said...

Wonderful time to get to writing .. fits so well at least this weak.. Susie the quotes went far beyond all other metaphors I have seen.. thank you for the inspiration.

Hannah said...

Thank you for the challenge, Susie and a brilliant New Year to ALL!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy writing poems that are inspired by quotes because it gets the creative juices flowing. Especially after being tuckered out after all the new year festivities. Great challenge Susie! Thanks! :)

Marian said...

Nice, Susie. Thank you. Happy New Year to you and everyone here in the Garden!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh such a cool prompt, Susie!

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks everyone! May this be a wonderful year of poetry and blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hey Susie--thanks for fun prompt. Happy new year! k.

Matt McKechnie said...

Great stuff here Susie. Inspirational! Nice to stumble across your blog.

Matty

Magaly Guerrero said...

I couldn't resist. Susie's selections were just too yummy. Happy New Year, everyone!

Jennifer Wagner said...

A happy 2015 to you all~

Susie Clevenger said...

@Matt, so glad you found us here in the garden. Perhaps you might join us some day and share your work.

Susie Clevenger said...

Again, thanks everyone for taking part in the challenge. I am truly blessed by all who share their talent here.

humbird said...

Thank you for inspiration, Susie! Happy New Year to all!

Margaret said...

I'm behind visiting and commenting on three challenges now… It's been a busy New Year here at our house and it won't be until Monday that I will be able to catch up. But I will! Happy New Year, everyone.

Lolamouse said...

Happy New Year Toads! My entry is tardy, as per usual!